Elmasonic SH175EL Ultrasonic Cleaner
Three ultrasonic modes, Extra Power
- Best "first step" in preparing instruments for sterilizing or disinfecting
- Remove stubborn contaminants with fast, safe 37 kHz ultrasonic power
- Accommodates instruments to 18 inches in length
- Auto-degasses fresh cleaning solutions
- Program cleaning cycle time
Ultrasonic Cleaner for Healthcare Facilities
Led Display: Steady LED indicates set time and/or set temp. Flashing LED indicates remaining time and/or actual temp.
Benefit: Allows quick and easy monitoring of process status.
Heater: Thermostatically adjustable heater.
Benefit: Improves cleaning effectiveness; required for removal of grease and oil.
Drain: Drain with valve for easy removal of fluid from tank.
Benefit: Simplifies maintenance.
Degas Mode: Intermittent operation of ultrasonic power for rapid removal of entrained air from liquids.
Benefit: Since cleaning does not start until air isremoved from cleaning fluid,this mode speeds up air removal and gets cleaning started faster. Also degasses solvents.
Safety auto-off: Ultrasonic power shuts off automatically after 12 hours of continuous operation.
Benefit: Protects parts and prevents damage to machine if you forget to turn it off.
Sweep frequency: Continuous slight variation of ultrasonic frequency to eliminate hot spots, dead zones, and standing waves.
Benefit: Provides uniform and thorough cleaning. Prevents damage to electronic components.
Normal mode: Operates at fixed ultrasonic frequency.
Benefit: Aids in mixing, dissolving, and dispersing samples.
Ultrasonic cavitation is widely accepted as the best "first step" in cleaning surgical instruments prior to disinfecting or sterilizing and the SH175EL surgical instrument cleaner is ideal for performing the ultrasonic cleaning operation. It holds 1.75 gallons of ultrasonic surgical instrument cleaning solution in its 19.9 x 5.4 x 3.9 inch deep tank – large enough to accept instruments commonly used by surgeons, veterinarians and other medical practitioners.
Suggestions for using the SH175EL surgical instrument cleaner
The WHO, CDC and professional medical associations have guidelines on preparing surgical instruments for disinfecting or sterilizing. As a general rule they call for carefully wiping away gross contaminants before they have had a chance to dry and immersing them in an enzyme holding solution before the ultrasonic cleaning operation. Disassemble instruments prior to ultrasonic cleaning to facilitate cavitation action reaching all surfaces. (Note that chromium-plated instruments should not be cleaned ultrasonically.)
- Fill the ultrasonic units to be used with a recommended surgical instrument cleaning solution and activate the auto-degas switch to remove cavitation-inhibiting trapped air. This must be done with all fresh cleaning solutions and takes 10 minutes.
- Carefully position the instruments in the mesh basket (available separately) and lower them into the cleaning bath. Set the cleaning time as recommended by the guidelines.
- Start cleaning at ambient temperature. To remove fresh blood that has not dried or hardened it is best to clean at a temperature below 40°C. Elevated temperature can cause the blood to stick to the instruments.
- At the end of the cycle remove and inspect the instruments. They can be rinsed in deionized water to avoid spotting, and then dried and stored until disinfecting or sterilizing.
- Follow your professional association recommendations on replacing the cleaning solution. In some instances it should be done after each ultrasonic cleaning procedure.
More features of SH175EL surgical instrument cleaner
- Precision German construction
- Simultaneous LED display of set and actual temp and time
- A 2-year warranty that enhances your investment
- Cavitation-resistant stainless steel tank for a long service life
- Easily cleaned, colorful stainless steel exterior
- Noise-reducing top doubles as a drain tray
- Dry run protected heating elements will not burn out
- Convenient side-mounted solution drain knob facilitates solution changes
- Ergonomic handles for easy relocation
- Comes with the tank and lid and complete operating instructions
- Optional stainless steel baskets and other accessories are available
Questions? Contact the ultrasonic cleaning experts at iUltrasonic.
We'll help you select the right sized ultrasonic equipment, the correct biodegradable cleaning solution concentrates and operating procedures to get the highest productivity possible from your ultrasonic cleaner investment.